Saturday, January 16, 2010

In The Beginning

I was hoping to start this blog on 01/01/10 but I just couldn't seem to get to it. Now that I'm officially unemployed again, I have the time. 


This blog will get better in time. Right now I'm taking photos w/my phone therefore the quality is not good, shall we say. Also I'm not exactly sure how I want to do this. I want to make it as  useful & easy as possible for anyone reading it. But enough about that. Let's get this thing started! 

Today's breakfast came from a recipe I found on Chowhound.com. It easily moved to the top of our favorite Breakfasts list. The fresh spinach makes me think it's semi-healthy! I halved the recipe since it's just the 2 of us now.

I always used to use Brown & Serve sausage links. Recently I tried a couple new (to me) brands: Jimmy Dean Heat & Serve and Armour Sizzle & Serve. The Jimmy Dean was very good but we really liked the Armour brand so that's what I'll be buying in the future.





Spinach and Feta Scramble

By Kate Ramos

TIME/SERVINGS
Total Time: 15 mins
Active Time: 15 mins
Makes: 4 to 6 servings

INGREDIENTS
10 large eggs
2/3 cup crumbled feta
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 pound baby spinach
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Combine eggs, feta, cream, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until eggs are broken up and mixture is thoroughly combined. Set aside.
  2. Heat butter in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. When it foams, add spinach and cook, turning constantly with a rubber spatula, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add spinach to reserved egg mixture and stir to coat.
  3. Return the pan to medium-low heat, add spinach-egg mixture, and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs have reached desired doneness.



1 comment:

  1. If only my crazy kids would eat cheese! I would love to make this!

    ReplyDelete